- Celebrate Recovery is based on God’s Word, the Bible.
- Celebrate Recovery is forward looking.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes personal responsibility.
- Celebrate Recovery emphasizes spiritual commitment to Jesus Christ.
- Celebrate Recovery utilizes the Biblical truth that we need each other in order to grow spiritually and emotionally.
- Celebrate Recovery addresses all types of hurts, hang-ups and habits.
- Celebrate Recovery is not based on age, sex, race or religious background.
The feeling of being HURT is an emotional reaction to another person’s ehaviour or to a disturbing situation. (abuse, abandonment, co-dependency, divorce, relationship issues, etc.)
HANG-Ups are negative mental attitudes that are used to cope with people or adversity. (anger, depression, fear, unforgiveness, etc.) These life problems can be stumbling blocks or stepping stones.
A HABIT is an addiction to someone or something. (alcoholism, drugs, food, gambling, sex, shopping, smoking, etc.)
Healing is available through applying the principles of a Bible based recovery process to our lives.